Monday, February 20, 2012

Practicum Post #1 Social Review Site: Nicole Aiello

Social review sites have become a major form of communication to find information and reviews about many things, such as technology products or restaurants, from actual people. For my practicum project I decided to join Yelp.com. Yelp.com is a website for people to go on and rate and review restaurants, hotels, bars, and many other things in all different cities.




I have never used a site like this so when I joined I was a little nervous. To my surprise, I found it very easy to navigate and find restaurants and places I have been to. I am still a little unsure of how to find "friends" on the website, but I am sure that will come with time. It was extremely easy to post a review. There was no word limit and every comment seemed helpful and insightful so far. The layout is pretty basic so the more I spend looking around, the more I think I will get the hang out it. This is what my profile looks like right now (until I learn how to put more information and pictures up).




I chose this site because I have been almost every state for soccer and stayed in various hotels and have eaten at plenty of restaurants. I was interested to see what other people have said and also excited to give my insight to people who will actually use my opinions of things. I am really excited to spend time on this website and I think I will learn a lot of new interesting things.

No comments:

Post a Comment