Now that I've picked a game to play, I've made a character. This process had many more options than I was expecting. In this blog post I will walk you through the choices you make when creating a character. All the information (other than my own experience) is from guildwars.com, it has been my main resource in attempting to explore the game.
Pick a Mode!
When you begin a new
character you begin a new game, you are first asked to choose either "Role
Playing" or "Player vs. Player" style game play. Player vs.
Player game play centers on battling other players. Role Playing game play
centers around telling a story. I chose Role Playing, it seems to be more
structured and cooperative to me.
Pick a Campaign!
This choice dictates
what quests you will follow as well as the environment in which you
play. There are three different options, Prophecies, Factions, and Nightfall. I
picked Prophecies (mostly because it looked nifty).
Pick a Profession!
After choosing a mode
and a campaign you have to pick a profession (your options depend on
which campaign you choose). This decides what your character will
look like, as well as what you will work to develop skills in. The options for
Prophecies are Warrior, Ranger, Monk, Mesmer, Necromancer, and Elementalist. I
chose to be a Warrior because it seemed the most straight forward. Warriors
have hammers to start...so all I have to do is whack enemies!
Meet Varvara Vronsky!
After
picking out the aesthetic options (face, hair, clothing colors, etc.), and name,
your character is complete. Here is my character, Varvara Vronsky!
Now that I have a character, I can begin to play. So far I have figured out how to get my character to jog around, as well as interact with the some of the game environment. I haven't started any quests yet, and I'm not really sure how to communicate with other players yet, but hopefully I will soon figure it out!

No comments:
Post a Comment