To all my seniors in the class--I wish y'all all the best with your future endeavors. I also hope everyone is taking these last few days we have to make every moment count. I type this post at the union right now as I am in great denial of graduation weekend. Good luck to all and ON WISCONSIN.
Tuesday, May 8, 2012
Practicum Post 7-Wrapping Up
This practicum project has been one of my favorite class assignments throughout my college career. It is a new way to adapt our cyber culture with the learning environment. Senior citizens at first, did not seem like a fun topic to pursue. However, I have learned so much and have been able to apply myself and my life to the project. I mean we all have to face it, graduation is around the corner and next thing we know we'll be pushing 65 (dramatization, but time does fly). It is interesting to think how we will use the Internet when we join the ranks of senior citizens. Will the participatory culture stay with us as we age? Or will we turn to more standard uses of the Internet like the senior citizens today? Only time will tell. My guess is we will stay pretty standard with our uses today. This is just a guess. We are so consumed by the Internet and our computers today who knows we may stay with the hipster pack and progress with technology as time does. Take a look future world...read this blog and tell us if we were right or wrong. Or you can tell us how silly we seem like we do our parents looking back on their memorabilia of their younger days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
With graduation looming around the corner in just over a week and a half (yeah even typing that out makes me want to cry), this post really does make you think. I mean I thought about how we use the internet and how it's even changed while we've been in school. Four years ago, we weren't able to chat and Skype on Facebook the way we can now. We didn't have smart phones that talked back to us like we do now with Siri. As we evolve as adults and as technology users, we have become way more dependent on how the internet works in our everyday lives. So it's interesting to think about how people that are 65 years old now use it, and how we will use it when we are 65. I feel that our participatory culture is so dependent on the internet that we can't make that go away even as we age...
ReplyDeleteI agree with you Ryan, good luck to all my fellow seniors. U-RAH-RAH-WISCONSIN!