Editing a Wikipedia page is much easier than I thought. All I had to do was select 'edit' on the right hand corner of the section that I wanted to edit, then type what I wanted to add, and then click 'save.' So easy! If you feel so inclined to look at my edit, you can go here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foursquare#Features
 |
| I edited a Wikipedia page, woo-hoo! |
Wikipedia did not require me to have a username to make an edit, but it did then say that my IP address would be saved on a page that records all editing activity. Wikipedia told me that if I created a username and then edited the page, I would be able to hide my IP address. I decided to not go through the hassle of creating a username and instead just edited the page. Pretty pain free if you ask me.
While editing the page was incredibly easy, I'm not sure that I will edit Wikipedia pages in the future. Unless I see something that is terrible incorrect, I will probably just accept Wikipedia entries as they are.
No comments:
Post a Comment