Monday, May 7, 2012

Practicum 6: Wikipedia Edit

Adding something to a Wikipedia page related to MMORPGs turned out to be a bit more difficult than anticipated. Most of the basic articles are quite comprehensive, and any articles about specifics are even more complete. I ended up adding to the Virtual World page. I cited Steinkueler & Williams' article "Where Everybody Knows Your (Screen)Name: Online Games as 'Third Places'" which we read back in February for lecture. MMORPGs are simply one example of a virtual world, so I found the addition fitting for my project.

Here is my text addition:

Virtual worlds can also function as "third places" (a place other than the workplace or home that is most familiar) for users. This allows for regular social interaction between certain participants and may shape the particular virtual world in which these participants regularly congregate. [31]
Here is the Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_world#Medical

No comments:

Post a Comment