As I reviewed in my last post, one of the aspects of Travian that had been frustrating me was the minimal level of interaction I was having with other players. The game is known as one of the most popular multiplayer browser games, so I was a bit confused as to why I couldn't work with or compete against other avatars more. This recently changed, however, as my village was attacked for the first time! I received a notification the other day that player 'YOLO' from village Hoi would be arriving in 8 hours.
YOLO was attacking me in an effort to kill most or all of my army, and I was a bit nervous before he arrived because he had many more units of troops than I did. Luckily the delayed arrival allowed me to increase my defense capabilities, though. In order to better protect my village from YOLO, I built a Barracks where I could train more troops. I also built a Palisade, a defensive wall around my village, in an effort to keep his troops out.
My village was able to survive its first attack and I am currently working to understand how to retaliate with my own attack against village Hoi. I'm still learning a great deal about multiplayer interaction in Travian, but I'm overall pleased that my time spent of this portion of the game is on the rise. I need to continue increasing my resource and attack levels, but I will provide another update soon!

No comments:
Post a Comment