Monday, April 30, 2012

Practicum 4: Special Interest Groups

It's been a while since I've updated on my progress of delving into the Disney Theme Park Enthusiast community--my community of bloggers--the Disney Parks Blog website did not seem to have quite the interaction I had hoped for--so instead, I found a Disney Theme Park community that is more engaged and closer to my age range on Tumblr. I was able to find them mostly through searching Tumblr's tags: Disney land and Vintage Disney are my favorites. Through reblogging, sending asks, and linking other people's posts, I've started conversations with several people that I follow/follow me, and was actually able to develop a decent number of followers, in a fairly short amount of time. Between Tumblr, the DisBoards forum, and the Inside the Magic Facebook page, I would say Tumblr has the most interaction and activity--with the participants getting to know each other on a deeper level than simply their love for theme parks.
I decided to name my Tumblr welcomefoolishmortals after my favorite ride, The Haunted Mansion.

No comments:

Post a Comment