Monday, April 30, 2012
Participation 7
So last night I kept track of everything computerized that I used... not very surprising, almost everything I used has a computerized element. I got home from work at about 6 pm, and started tracking my usage then--though at work I used the laptop to look up how to tie hiking shoes for customers. I also had to use the registers to ring up customer purchases, and punch in and out. Also, the store's Muzak streams from a company online.
After getting home, I heated up dinner in the microwave--which is computerized in that it has a button for soup, that uses sensors to tell when it's ready. I then went on my computer, checked facebook and tumblr, and caught up on a few blogs I read on a regular basis. I also used the Internet to search for new job postings, and look up the preview for this week's episode of Criminal Minds.
When my roommate come home, we watched Tough Love, Khloe & Lamar, and Long Island Medium. I continued my internet activities while watching TV, texting on my iPhone, and iChatting with my friends. I did this until going to bed, where I watched the news from bed, and set my alarm on my iPhone to wake me up in the morning.
I didn't use it last night--but I've tried using a new app on my phone called Dream On, which is supposed to track your sleeping patterns and try to influence your dreams by playing soundscapes.
Basically, I always have computerized devices around me, and therefore use them constantly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment