Thi Le is so badass someone even made a meme out of her photo.
I also interviewed Miles Kristan. He's infamous for pouring a beer on Representative Robin Vos's head in protest of his politics. He's also been an anti-war activist for over 10 years.
I'm currently setting up interviews with Sly from Sly in the Morning, John Nichols, Matt Rothschild, Mark Pocan, Kelda Roys, Chief of Capitol Police Charles Tubbs, as well as numerous other activists. Getting interviews with high-ups has been a little more difficult than it would be if I had a press pass with an actual press organization, rather than identifying myself as an online video blogger or citizen journalist.
In order to create a video remix, one has to collect a large portion of original media and original music. Attending every political event and dedicating my time to meeting people for interviews is exhausting. But, what's more exhausting, is collecting location agreement signatures from every location I've filmed and subject interview agreements from everyone I'm including in my documentary. I'm doing this to avoid problems with YouTube and Vimeo flagging my content for copyright issues or a third party viewer flagging my video as unauthorized content. It also streamlines possibilities for submitting content to film festivals.
I've also been active in not only uploading video content to my website and social network connections, but I've been active in uploading photos while at events, tweeting about new developments in the politics of the day, updating events and recommending news stories. Once my I get more into the post-production phase of my project, I'll starting posting blog posts to the Tumblr I connected to the website.
Here's some shots of a few of the social networks I've connected to my documentary website.
Tumblr




No comments:
Post a Comment