Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Practicum 3: Social Networking (Getting the hang of Google+)

(As an advertising junkie, this ad for Google+ really caught my eye)

Today I decided to sit down and tackle the dreaded Google+. I've looked at it and looked at it, but until now, I just wasn't seeing its benefit. (If you're confused or not fully understanding it either, check this out. I found it helpful.)

Now that I fully understand how to post, why to post, and why it's cool (linking to those who share interests with me, along with showing others my dedication to the social media industry), I'm really enjoying it!

The best thing I've found today, while posting stories to my page, is that on literally every Google result that comes up in any search is the +1 button that will link directly to your Google+ account. After wondering what clicking that button would do for quite some time now, I not only get it, but I see the slick capabilities of it.

Ask me to join your circles to access my profile & keep up with what I'm reading! https://plus.google.com/105938455949476321425/posts


2 comments:

  1. I didn't really understand that either! The video helped explain things better and was interesting. I am interested to see what else you find out about google +.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though I just wrote about this in the Googling Yourself blogpost, I'm really seeing the benefit of Google+ as it being an aggregate of all your social media in one place. I'd highly recommend creating one if you haven't already, as it consolidates all of your information so that YOU really are the top search when someone's looking for you.

    ReplyDelete