I don't usually spend as much time as most people online, so I seem to be one of the very few people that doesn't watch my television online very often. So I don't often run into copyright issues preventing me from finding content. I also don't usually seek out new music on my own, most of the music I end up with comes from a variety of friends throwing it on my computer when they borrow it. So I don't seem to have the usual experience of searching out avalible music.
My experience with copyright issues is more related to wanting to use images or information that is someone elses. For example, when putting images onto a wedding website, I used a picture of the Memorial Union, only to find out that that particular image was copyrighted to a specific photographer, which I was not allowed to use. So I ended up double checking every photo I used on the entire website to make sure it fell under the concept of 'fair use.' While having to check every image wasn't the worst thing that could have happened, it certianly was annoying. I don't think copyright laws were meant to make simple online tasks so unnecesarily stressful.
No comments:
Post a Comment