Now, performing the vain act of googling myself is actually something I have done before. So when it came time to do it for this assignment, I had a general idea of what to expect; which of course is not much at all in the way of locating anything related to me. For you see, my family's name, "Farrell," is a surname that comes from Ireland, combine that with being named after the patron saint of Ireland, you end up with lots of different "Patrick Farrell"-s.
Now to the results. The first page listed is the homepage for a Patrick Farrell from Miami who seems to have a successful photography business. He even has a Pulitzer Prize. The Next listing is for the homepage of Brooklyn NY accordionist Patrick Farrell. He seems to be very successful in the Jazz Community. From there on I found a Oil Painter, two College Professors, and a Foot Doctor. The rest of the links on the first page were all for the first Patrick Farrell I mentioned, the photographer.
I went on to look at most of the links on the first ten pages, and found no references to myself. I did however find reference to the former Provost of the University of Wisconsin, Patrick Farrell, and I have a funny anecdote regarding him. Freshmen year, I received an overwhelming amount of e-mails that were meant for him. I would typically just forward them on to the Provost and kindly inform the sender of their mistake of sending important files to an undergraduate. This stopped happening, thankfully, when he left the University.
Just for a fun bonus, I added in my middle initial and searched instead for "Patrick E Farrell." The second result listed was my twitter account. This made me happy. I hope to one day overtake the Anesthesiologist Dr. Patrick E Farrell and take the top spot.
No comments:
Post a Comment