Also, there is a discussion board of places to go and new and interesting projects going on in the area you are located in. The one thing I have no figured out still is the "find friends" button. I am not sure as to what friends refer to or what you can do with friends on this site yet. I am really enjoying reading reviews from people who actually go to these restaurants and not from the people who own the restaurants. I have tried a few of them so far and they have been really helpful. Next, I want to explore a different aspect of the site such as hotels or shopping suggestions and see what I will be able to contribute there.
Tuesday, February 28, 2012
Practicum Post #2: Social Review Site Nicole Aiello
I am still getting used to the layout and website (Yelp.com). I have started commenting and reviewing mostly just restaurants right now. It is very easy to find a restaurant that you are looking for and also easy to look up other reviews made by other users on the website. The website also allows you to directly message people on the site as well as chat with them online. I found this to be really interesting since it can be compared to a social network site.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment