As for the Wordpress, I've been clicking my way around it... and it's proving much less intuitive than I had expected. I hope to eventually be using it as a place to post advertising industry-related posts I find interesting in order to both boost my knowledge in the business, but to also show employers how dedicated and interested I am in the industry. I've tried linking my other profiles to it, but have so far been unsuccessful.
For my other two networking sites, I've decided to use my pre-existing LinkedIn and Google+ pages, as they are both phenomenal networking tools that I haven't taken the time to look through (and everyone knows a neglected social networking profile is worse than none at all) and figure out. Developing these both further is a daunting task, but I know the connections I will be able to make will all be worth the effort in the end.
For both of these sites, I've put in all my basic information and have went through and requested a few connections, clicking around trying to get my bearings straight. I can see from my first few hours on LinkedIn that this will be extremely beneficial in getting a job, with the ability to request recommendations and to be able to link past portfolio projects right from outside sites. Google+ on the other hand...... I'm really not sure I understand the benefit of creating connections quite yet.
Follow me as I delve into the world of social networking this semester!
Wordpress
Google+
-Elle
No comments:
Post a Comment